Our Altrincham is a voluntary group founded in 2010 which became a constituted not-for-profit organisation in 2013 (Company No. 8285266). The company's directors are The Hon. Sarah Walmsley and Mrs. Valerie Pastore. The group's mission is to clean up and green up the environment in and around Altrincham by encouraging volunteer work. Our activities include:
- organising mass volunteer litter picks several times a year
- supporting community events such as Altrincham Festival by providing clean up volunteers
- facilitating litter picks by community groups, youth groups and individuals who borrow our equipment free of charge (we ask companies who want to hire our equipment to make a discretionary donation in lieu of hire charges)
- cleaning graffiti off walls and street furniture
- helping to tackle the management of grots spots in the town
- Lobbying for and offering suggestions about how environmental management can be improved
Our greening up work includes being heavily involved in Altrincham In Bloom. However, we also maintain a large wooden planter on New Street, replanting it at least twice a year. Our founder Sarah is Project Coordinator of triple Gold award-winning Altrincham In Bloom and is also an RHS Britain In Bloom Champion for Cheshire.